7/11/09

Simon and Garfunkel Turkey Burger

In my crazed search for ways to cook ground turkey, I ran across this interestingly-titled recipe: Simon and Garfunkel Turkey Burgers.

These are really simple to make. Just blend everything together by hand (I'm getting less and less squeamish about touching raw meat!), shape into patties, and grill away!

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of these burgers, so you'll just have to use your imaginations.

SIMON AND GARFUNKEL TURKEY BURGERS

INGREDIENTS
1lb. ground turkey
3 slices swiss cheese
1 tsp. minced rosemary
1 1/4 tsp. minced thyme
1 1/4 tsp. minced parsley
2 tbsp. worchestershire sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS
1) Mince all of the herbs.
2) Combine herbs, worchestershire sauce, and turkey. Salt and pepper to taste.
3) Form into four patties and grill until done.

HELPFUL HINTS
Aric and I grilled these inside on the Foreman. We set it to medium heat, and they cook for about six minutes. It works out very nicely.

We don't have swiss, and I wasn't about to make a special trip, so I decided to whip up some of the basil mayo from my previous turkey recipe. Basically I minced up a bunch of fresh basil from the garden and stirred it in a few globs of mayo. Nothing fancy, just adjust it to your taste.

The mayo was a really nice addition to the burgers. It enhanced the herbs that were mixed in with the meat, and also added some moisture. The burgers themselves were a little dry, so perhaps next time I'll had half an egg.

Overall, though, I really enjoyed this recipe, and I'm definitely going to make them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment