7/7/09

Grocery List

Here's the meal plan for this week, so far:
Porcupine meatballs with some kind of veggie
Turkey burgers and some kind of veggie

Aric knows more about meat than I do, so I am going to consult his wisdom when he comes home. I can look at the sale ad and pick out the deals, but Aric is the one that knows if it's actually a deal or not. Regardless, there will be some manner of beef dish - either a slab of meat or ground beef in the form of tacos.

I'm in the process of finding some kind of main course egg dish to prepare. I am thinking something along the lines of a quiche or frittata. Eggs are cheap (98 cents for a dozen at Meijer), and I'm also looking for sneaky ways to put mushrooms in my food. I think that I like mushrooms, but I'm not sure. The only way I really eat them is in a mushroom swiss burger, and I know there's a much healthier way to eat them. I just have to find it.

And while we're on the topic of egg dishes are main courses...it's very difficult to find an egg dish that does not incorporate cheese or milk or cream or whatever other form of moo juice you can think of.

Thankfully, recipezaar.com has a search parameter where you can include and specifically exclude ingredients from your search. This comes in extremely handy when you don't want any kind of dairy product whatsoever. (and for those of you that think I'm crazy and should stop complaining, I dare you to go a week without eating any kind of dairy product you can think of. It's harder than you'd think)

No comments:

Post a Comment