7/2/09

Kidney Bean Curry

I have a confession to make...

I backslid on the meal plan. I blatantly deviated from the plan.

But I was so hungry, and everything else would have taken far too long to prepare! And I didn't even have to buy anything extra to make this meal!

And really, you should be proud of me. I researched this recipe and combined several to satisfy my taste buds. This is ingenuity, not impropriety!

KIDNEY BEAN CURRY

INGREDIENTS
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
3/4 cup water
1 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. garam masala
2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 tomatoes, chopped

INSTRUCTIONS
1) Sautee onion, garlic, and ginger over med-high heat until soft.
2) Add water, tomatoes, spices, and salt (to taste). Stir to combine.
3) Add beans and stir to coat.
4) Let simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until thick and creamy.
5) Serve over brown rice.

This truly is a wonderful "emergency meal." It doesn't take much time at all to prepare, and is very filling. Aric and I each both ate a bowl full and weren't hungry until the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment